Sunday, February 14, 2010

“No ‘Buts’, Young Man, Tidy Your Desk!” The Desk Top Butt Station.

I suppose you would call it the bottom end of technology – but this little desk organizer appeals to the lighter side of me. You can store just about anything on your computer, but until someone shows me how to load my paper clips and pens onto my PC, I need somewhere practical to keep them.

It needs a picture to do it justice. It’s a little white toilet. The cistern has an open top, which will hold a few pens (or any other small objects, of course). Between the cistern and the seat is a slot, ideal for your Post-It notes or a small notepad. The toilet bowl is designed for your paper clips.

But That’s Not All! (As the ads love to say.) There’s a little figure designed to sit on the bowl; a colourful little soul available in orange or green. His butt is magnetized, to attract the paper clips! You’ll never have trouble trying to pick up those paper clips again – just turn him upside down and detach one! His arm is held horizontally in front of his chest, with a roller on which to mount a roll of adhesive tape (looks rather like a roll of toilet paper). Ever obliging, his feet contain the little serrated piece of metal used to cut the adhesive tape.

Interestingly, his mouth is designed to hold a pen horizontally, making it easy to get to your favourite – or most used – pen. I say interestingly, because it looks rather as if he is biting down on the pen with a rather agonized look on his face. I guess it figures; you would too if you had paper clips where he has them.

It’s designed to be a novelty gift – a talking point in the office; but I love it!

Word Count: 298 excluding title.

No comments:

Post a Comment