Sunday, February 14, 2010

Bring Your Old Pics into the Digital Age With the Digital Film Scanner.

Here’s a product that I’m REALLY glad to have found. I’m getting, what you might call, a little “long in the tooth”. That means that I have (a) a veritable archive of personal photographic history in the form of film, slides and negatives and (b) I don’t have the youngsters’ flair for getting to grips with complicated digital technology to convert those archives to something digital.

The Digital Film Scanner is a great solution. It’s so easy to do the conversion that even I can do it without yelling for help from the kids. Now even I can put my grandfather’s face on a coffee mug, or capture my most embarrassing moment on a T-shirt!

This scanner comes with holders for both slides and negatives. Simply place them in the holder and press “Copy”. It’s that easy. The images are scanned with a 5 MegaPixel SMOS sensor, and saved as either TIFF or JPEGs on your computer. Software is provided for editing your photos, so you can resize, crop, touch up, or whatever.

The size is 17 x 8 x 8 cms. It scans both monochrome and colour images (3600dpi image enhancement). There are two clip-together holders, one strip for six negatives and the other holds three slides. There’s the software CD and software to edit your pictures. A USB cable is included.

My father left me a series of photo albums including pictures of great-grandparents, and up the line to our times. He left 35mm film of his 13th birthday, in 1930. I’ve often wanted to convert those into digital form and place them on a social networking site or Glog, so that family members across the globe could have access to them at any time. I reckon that this Digital Film Scanner could make that wish a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment